A message from Italy
To all European Volters, friends, citizens. To all of us.
Our country has been lockdown. Last night, our Prime Minister declared that all non-essential shops and commercial/retail services will be closed; while only supermarkets, grocery stores, pharmacies and essential services to the public will remain open.
This will have enormous consequences on our economy, but that is how a real emergency looks like.
An emergency that Europe is ignoring. People, head of states and government around the continent are behaving as this was normal flu.
This is not normal, this is not flue, and most of all this is not an Italian problem. This is a fight we can only win if we take serious, collective, European measures.
We are Europeans: for better and for worse we know no borders, and so do disease: let's be united in this.
We urge all of our European governments to take collective, cohordinated measures to stop the spreading of COVID19.
In the meantime, let’s be united in this as European citizens:
- wash your hands frequently,
- keep one meter distance from each other,
- sneeze or cough in your elbow,
- avoid contact with elderly people,but most of all
- LET'S STAY HOME
We can win this. We are stronger together, despite our distances.
You can find Real-time updated data on:
Other useful links:
- http://www.salute.gov.it/nuovocoronavirus (only Italian)
Regions and the Ministry of Healtcare has activated local point of contact for requesting information about COVID19
- National Coronavirus number: 1500
- Basilicata: 800 99 66 88
- Calabria: 800 76 76 76
- Campania: 800 90 96 99
- Emilia-Romagna: 800 033 033
- Friuli Venezia Giulia: 800 500 300
- Lazio: 800 11 88 00
- Lombardia: 800 89 45 45
- Marche: 800 93 66 77
- Piemonte:800 19 20 20 24 hours
- Piemonte: 800 333 444 from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Provincia autonoma di Trento: 800 867 388
- Provincia autonoma di Bolzano: 800 751 751
- Puglia: 800 713 931
- Sardegna: 800 311 377
- Sicilia: 800 45 87 87
- Toscana: 800 55 60 60
- Umbria: 800 63 63 63
- Val d’Aosta: 800 122 121
- Veneto: 800 462 340